Country Cascades – Guest Experience Intern
Country Cascades – Guest Experience Intern
- February 4, 2024
Real-life experience and resume credentials: Culinary, Activities and Entertainment are key attributes for the Country Cascades Guest Experience Intern, which means you bring the FUN to our guest’s experiences! Are you passionate about influencing creativity for the next generation? Have you ever thought about what goes on behind-the-scenes in a resort kitchen? This intern position is a unique opportunity for a real-life work experience in the world of hospitality. Host kid dance parties, create crafts, organize game time, and have a chance to embrace your energetic side as a costume character. You will build extreme milkshakes in our ice cream shop, craft your barista skills in our coffee shop, and plate jumbo skillets for our family style breakfast. You will sharpen your communication skills as you interact and build relationships with our guests on a daily basis.
Who We Are:
Smoky Mountain Resorts (SMR) is a family-focused, collaborative and goal-driven hospitality resort company. Our Great Smoky Mountains community is significant to us. As a third generation, family-owned, and operated business, we embrace a strong commitment to SMR’s ‘Spirit of Hospitality’ and our Smoky Mountain community.
Benefits / Pay/ Perks ~
Our interns receive a competitive wage starting at $17 per hour, paid on a weekly basis. But the benefits don’t stop there! We are located in one of the largest tourist industries in the United States, and there is always something exciting to do around the corner. That’s why our perk program provides our employees with free and reduced admission to some of the largest attractions in the area. It’s the perfect place to work and explore!
Primary Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Interns typically work 8-hour shifts, based on resort occupancy and staffing demand. Holidays and weekends are affected by peak demand which means all team members must work together during those days to keep the SMR property running efficiently. Within their respective assignments the Intern will:
- Assist the Kitchen Supervisor to:
- Make and serve menu items at uniquely themed culinary environments.
- Complete orders in a timely manner.
- Adhere to food safety procedures.
- Assist the Activities Supervisor to:
- Organize and present a festive and detailed activities schedule in a timely manner.
- Lead daily dance parties and story time in a lively atmosphere.
- Instruct guests on how to create various arts and crafts.
- Host a safe and interactive environment where all guests can have fun and enjoy their stay at SMR.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with all company operating policies and procedures.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to change, remove or add to these duties as necessary.
- Multitask alongside fellow culinary specialists.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to bring energy and fun to newly created and themed activities spaces.
- Interact with team members and guests in a positive and friendly manner, in all situations.
- No team member will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
Quality of Work Statement:
- Bring FUN to SMR guest experiences!
- Recognized as a contributor, who is eager to learn and demonstrates enthusiasm as a member of the team.
- Coordinate with and assist social media staff in regard to guest experience content and images when requested.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and excellent judgment regarding privileged information.
- Ensure my work areas are safe, organized and maintained.
Personality / Attitude
- FUN and energetic, flexible, cooperative, good listener, friendly, and caring.
- Outgoing personality and ability to interact with ‘kids’ of all ages.
- Enjoy working with people and providing excellent service.
- Willingness to learn best practices and adapt to procedural changes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Appearance, hygiene and dress represent the company’s image.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Must be prompt and willing to work as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate effectively and use the English language fluently: speak, understand, read, and write.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills with excellent attention-to-detail (ATD).
- Ensure accuracy of information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and communicate ideas clearly.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Enrolled in an accredited University or College, (or recent graduate, up to 2-years) is required.
- Pursuing a degree related to Hospitality or Business is preferred.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce.
- Reliable transportation is required.