Culinary Internship FALL 2022
Culinary Internship FALL 2022
- August 28, 2022
CULINARY INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
One of the area’s most highly rated companies is looking for interns to join our culinary team. Are you looking for a unique internship experience with competitive wages, benefits, and company discounts that is rewarding, fun, and will contribute to your professional development? If you are looking for an unparalleled internship experience with a company providing unique handmade products and goods, quality food, superior service, and gracious hospitality, then this is an excellent fit for you.
Founded in 1830, our company is one of Pigeon Forge’s most beloved and unforgettable attractions. We have remained a staple of Smoky Mountain Culture for generations, featuring two restaurants, a pottery studio, a distillery, a candy shop, and a nearly 200-year old working gristmill.
Serving Southern classics in a beautiful historic setting, our delicious food and friendly, welcoming atmosphere are loved by locals and visitors alike. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our time-tested recipes and wholesome ingredients have kept our restaurants busy for more than 25 years. As a successful company with restaurants and stores popular with locals and visitors alike, we only seek the best to join our Culinary Team.
At the start of your internship, you will meet with an internship coordinator and choose between two internship programs:
- Specialty Culinary Internship Program- Focuses on one to three areas of interest
- Diversified Culinary Internship Program – Exposes the intern to not only our restaurants and areas of interest, but also the retail stores, production centers, and business operations
During your internship, you will learn about kitchen operations through baking and pastry, chocolate and caramel work, small and large batch menu items, research and development, and various production elements. You will also learn responsibility for ingredient inventory management, administrative duties, and retail. Our internship programs offer an immersive internship experience like no other, from our onboarding experience to monthly internship outings. Your time here will allow you to satisfactorily complete individual college curriculum requirements for internships to satisfy college credit. This internship will provide you with an opportunity to meet your needed course requirements in a paid position and a fast-paced, realistic work environment.
What will I do?
- Achieve an understanding of the responsibilities/duties of each manager and team members
- Develop an understanding of the importance of synergy between business segments for overall organizational success
- Finish program with a better understanding of own strengths and weaknesses
- Gain knowledge in each area of business
- Learn standards set by managers and team members
- Work with department managers to set learning objectives for each location
- Prepares food according to our recipes
- Leave having a thorough working understanding of all recipes, restaurant standards, and visual standards for each product
- Efficiently & accurately clean equipment
- Operate equipment safely and in line with best-use practices for each piece of equipment
- Learn and adheres to all the company’s level of quality Standards
- Perform other duties when assigned
- Ensures all food meets quality and presentation standards
- Maintains a proper work area
- Maintains positive and consistent energy and productivity standards throughout shift
- Effectively communicates and works with all team members
- Work and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company’s culture
- Completes the company’s training program
- Uphold the company’s mission, vision, and service standards
- Ensures that all food meets the quality and presentation standards of the company
Benefits and Perks
We believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of our family, you’ll receive a benefits package that covers your health and well-being:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Scheduling
- Generous Company Discounts
- Discounts to Local Attractions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Employee Engagement Events
- Wellness Program
Full-time position with 35-40 hours per week. Available to work flexible hours as assigned, including mornings, weekends, special events, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be enrolled in a continuing education/college program in a related field
- Must have proper identification to verify employment authorization
- Basic understanding of cooking and knife handling skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and restaurant employees
- Must be able to understand and read basic cooking instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The intern is constantly required to stand. The intern is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The intern must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an intern encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the intern primarily operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and kitchen appliances. Interns in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, and cleaning chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.