Housekeeping Room Attendant/Laundry
Housekeeping Room Attendant/Laundry
- August 29, 2021
LIKE TO TRAVEL? Let us help add stamps to your passport!
Did you know that you can work with us (full time, part time or on call) and receive deeply discounted rates as low as $35 per night??!!!
We are seeking highly motivated, career-minded individuals to contribute to the success of our future. We want our hotel to be the best and our guests to be beyond satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified candidates and provide top pay with a seasonal bonus program, incentives and a competitive benefits package.
If you are looking for more than just a job and are interested in creating an experience for our guests, we would love to talk to you! We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing, background checks and employment eligibility verification required.
EOE AA-Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
This job description provides a basic guideline of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position. The frequency codes assigned in the job description are: Rarely (less than 1%); Occasionally (between 1% and 33%); Frequently (between 34% and 65%); and Constantly (between 66% and 100%).
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
• WORK HABITS: Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when absence is anticipated; require typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
• PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY: Be alert to hazards and responsible in carrying out hotel’s safety, security, and emergency procedures; suggest ways to improve safety conditions that reduce or prevent accidents and injuries; participate on safety committee or other special projects for safety; actively seek and report potential security risks or hazardous conditions.
• ROOM CLEANING: Meet the hotel standards for cleanliness; clean all assigned rooms on schedule; complete assignment sheets in an accurate, timely manner; keep cart and supplies orderly; occasionally receive compliments for room cleanliness and appearance; usually pass room inspections.
LAUNDRY: Maintain an adequate number of turns of linens to meet the hotel’s needs; operate washing/drying machines according to proper procedures; fold, stack, and store linen in compliance with hotel standards; process damaged linen for discard according to hotel standards.
• Constantly. Clean guestrooms, which includes making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and replacing amenities.
• Constantly. Have knowledge of activities in the hotel.
• Constantly. Maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, public restrooms, office areas, elevators and stairs.
• Constantly. Maintain work areas neat and organized.
• Constantly. Report all problems and maintenance repairs as needed.
• Constantly. Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
• Frequently. Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
• Frequently. Replace the cleaning supplies.
• Frequently. Unload/load housekeeping carts with supplies.
• Occasionally. Attend all mandatory meetings.
• Occasionally. Sweep the patios/balconies outside the rooms.
• Occasionally. Wash the windows.
• SITTING: Occasionally. Sitting in a backed seat if electric carts are used.
• STANDING/WALKING: Frequently. Walking up to two miles per day on cement, tile, asphalt and carpet.
• CROUCHING (BEND AT KNEES): Frequently. Loading and unloading carts and linen rooms.
• KNEELING/CRAWLING: Rarely.
• STOOPING (BEND AT WAIST): Frequently. Loading carts and linen rooms.
• TWISTING (KNEES/WAIST/NECK): Occasionally. Loading and unloading linen onto carts.
• CLIMBING: Occasionally. Climbing to top shelves in linen rooms.
• BALANCING: Occasionally.
• LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally. When using foot pedals if electric carts are used.
• REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Frequently. For irons, ironing boards and linen shelves.
• HANDLING/GRASPING: Frequently. Handling trash, linen and cleaning supplies.
• FINGERING/FEELING: Rarely.
• PUSHING/PULLING: Frequently. Average weight: 50 lbs.; maximum weight: 150 lbs.
• LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently. Average weight: 20 lbs.; maximum weight: 50 lbs.
• OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Rarely.
USE OF SENSES
• TALKING IN PERSON: Frequently. With guests, public and other employees.
• TALKING ON TELEPHONE: Frequently. With guests, public and other employees.
• OTHER SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Rarely.
• HEARING IN PERSON: Frequently. With guests, public and other employees.
• HEARING ON TELEPHONE: Frequently. With guests, public and other employees.
• OTHER HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally. Must be able to hear pages.
• NEAR VISION: Constantly. Corrected to 20/40.
• FAR VISION: Constantly. Corrected to 20/40.
• DEPTH PERCEPTION: Occasionally. Helpful when climbing stairs and reaching for things in high places.
• COLOR VISION: Rarely.
• FULL FIELD VISION: Rarely.
• SMELL: Frequently. Detect potential hazards and odors.
• INTERACTION WITH OTHERS/COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Frequently. Professionally deal with difficult situations/people.
• DEADLINES/SHIFT WORK/OVERTIME: Constantly. Meet deadlines as required. Meet multiple priorities of business demands. Adjust to schedule changes and cover shifts on short notice.
• FLEXIBILITY: Frequently. Need to work a variety of hours. Varied tasks under varied conditions.
• PACE: Frequently. Must change pace as business demands.
• HIGHLY REPETITIVE WORK: Occasionally.
• ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Occasionally. Cleaning duties.
• OTHER PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS: Rarely.
• SAFETY REQUIREMENTS (I.E., CLOTHING, SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED, ACTIVITIES PERFORMED): Constantly. Adhere to safety standards and procedures.
• EXPOSURES (FUMES, CHEMICALS, VIBRATIONS, HUMIDITY, COLD, HEAT, DUST, NOISE): Frequently. Exposed to heat, cold, noise, dust and cleaning chemicals.
• OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT/TOOLS/VEHICLES: Constantly. Electric carts and vacuums.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
• Prior housekeeping experience helpful.
• No employee will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.