- August 22, 2022
In 2012, the historic campus of the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts marked its 100th year as a place of education. The spirit of this heritage permeates the grounds, buildings and even the mountain air. The early years were about general education in a settlement school setting, but curriculum was soon added in mountain handicrafts to preserve skills and provide vehicles of livelihood for area residents. In 1945, the signature summer workshop program was launched during a period of revival in craft education and the school was opened to people from all over the United States who traveled to take art classes in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains. Sixty-seven years later, that workshop program has evolved into the extensive summer and fall course offerings of more than 130 classes in contemporary art and crafts.
- This internship opportunity provides communications and administrative experience for individuals interested in PR, marketing, and communications in a dynamic arts nonprofit.
- The ideal candidate has a background in photography, videography, or graphic design.
- The media intern works with the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications to support Arrowmont’s communications efforts including content creation, content management, and content archives for social, digital, and print media.
- Arrowmont considers individuals who are mature, team-oriented, and self-motivated. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required for the position.
- Photography/Videography: Take excellent-quality photographs and videos of artists and students for use in web, social, print, auction, and presentation projects.
- Media Editing: Use Adobe Suite applications for photo and video editing and graphic design projects.
- Codification and Archiving: Digitize photo negatives, slides, CD-ROMs, and printed materials. Label and organize for digital archives.
- Arrowmont Connections: Maintain and grow Arrowmont Connections profiles and database of artist bios, links, pictures.
- Graphic Design: Use Arrowmont style guide to create images for social, eBlast, web, print media as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- f a team