Public Relations Internship Fall 2023
Public Relations Internship Fall 2023
- August 27, 2023
At Dollywood Parks & Resorts, we create memories worth repeating. We want folks who love having a great time, and love to make our guests do the same. Dollywood’s Hosts are more than just employees, Hosts are a part of our extended family. Come be a part of all the fun we are having!
This position is responsible for working with the Public Relations Team in Marketing in the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the park’s public relations programs and activities. Under the direction of the supervising staff member to whom the intern directly reports, intern will be immersed in the public relations and marketing of a world-class vacation destination with exposure to all marketing, regardless of specialization. Intern will create traditional (internal and external) digital and social media content for theme parks, lodging and dinner show partners. Intern also will assist in event planning, preparation and execution, media relations, and promotion execution, as requested/required. In turn, intern will satisfactorily complete individual program requirements to satisfy college/university credit and/or course study requirements.
- Explore The Dollywood Company’s history and culture to better contribute to the key messaging for assigned projects.
- Represent the Dollywood Company brands through interaction with visiting media as assigned
- Communicate accurate, compelling and timely information regarding The Dollywood Company that is consistent with public relations and marketing messages.
- Understand the phone and computer systems used daily.
- Generate social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social channels as assigned.
- Generate traditional internal or external communication content as assigned.
- Generate digital and blog content as assigned.
- Capture photographs and video to accompany internal and external content.
- Assist in maintaining media databases.
- Participate in events from concept to execution as assigned.
- Learn to use photography/video-editing apps on mobile devices. Learn to make quick edits and improvements on all photography/video taken at The Dollywood Company to be social media acceptable.
- Generate digital content as assigned.
- Provide copy and image posting services on SMC websites.
- Assist the team in the creation of search engine optimized content for use across multiple platforms.
- Research digital trends, technology and industry standards.
- Assist Social Media Team with analyzing email metrics to improve open, click thru and conversion rates.
- Assist Social Media Team with analyzing digital campaigns and website performance
- Must reflect Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information
- Must be committed to continuous improvement.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers
- Must adapt to changes easily
- Must enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must show appreciation to others
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines
- Must be able to utilize effective communication, problem solving, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Must reflect Dollywood’s core values through the lens of dignity and respect.
- Able to display and live out Lead with Love qualities, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, dedicated and accountable.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time
- Able to operate/drive a variety of company vehicle with valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide with accuracy.
- Able to move, bend, stoop, kneel, reach and twist.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to communicate effectively using standard English grammar and punctuation
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0 to 140 degrees.
- Able to work outdoors.