Retail Purchasing Intern
Retail Purchasing Intern
- January 25, 2021
Imagine coming to work every day in the Great Smoky Mountains as you experience the majesty of the National Park, our immediate neighbor. We love our team members to laugh, to enjoy themselves, learn to grow and develop toward your full potential! So, if you like working outside in an incredible environment, walking on a suspended bridge over 50 feet above the ground, riding a coaster down our own mountain and meeting new people, then we may be the company you are looking to join and grow! Our Retail Division is growing more than ever at our Park! Want to Join our team? Read below and See if we can talk to you.
The Retail Purchasing Intern represents the originality and authenticity of all the products which represent the uniqueness of Our park. The selected intern will have the opportunity to learn about planning, purchasing, allocations, and merchandising.
- Review sales trends to appropriately plan purchases for designated product lines.
- Create and submit purchase orders.
- Create vendors and items in Center edge.
- Daily follow up with vendors to ensure all needed items have been ordered and all shipments are received in a timely manner.
- Perform weekly/ monthly audits of inventory within designated product lines.
- Compare similar product lines to insure our brand has the best quality product for the best price.
- Work with director to research customer demands and trends.
- Opportunity to attend gift shows and met with various reps.
- Assist with development of ecommerce division.
- Cross train to use the Point of Sale computerized system for all transactions, inventory, ordering, reconciliation.
- Assist guests with purchases including recording transactions and packaging for guests.
- Assist with stocking and replenishment of products and inventory of all items when needed.
- Checks invoices against orders to verify that the correct items are received.
- File any claims when product comes in damaged or missing.
- Exhibits professional presentation in both dress and mannerisms.
- Handles all sales transactions through the Point of Sales system and always works with guests in a polite and professional manner.
- Clocks in and out using Point of Sales system to record actual hours worked.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Intern will be attending school or desire a field in product merchandising and allocations.
- Previous retail experience is preferred.
- Previous Management Experience in sales and retail would be beneficial.
- Experience with cash transactions and credit cards helpful.
- Experience in stocking and displaying products.
- Great customer/guest experience background a plus.
- Knowledge of and previous experience using Point of Sales.