Safety and Loss Prevention Internship
Safety and Loss Prevention Internship
- May 14, 2023
Responsible for assisting the Director of Safety and Lost Prevention with all insurance and safety issues that may expose the company to litigation, claims, safety violations and/or regulatory fines and assessments. This includes but is not limited to identifying, evaluating, controlling and minimizing the company’s exposure to loss or damage to physical assets, property losses, and losses arising out of liability claims. Assist with all workers compensation, automobile, general liability, fire, and property damage claims, Third Party Administrator (TPA), claims reviews, investigations, and negotiations of settlements. Assist in planning and/or coordinates functions and activities of the Company-wide safety plan, emergency action plan and emergency response guide. Compiles and analyzes data to develop and recommend policies and administrative regulations regarding the company’s property and liability insurance program, workers’ compensation, fleet, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and assures company compliance with OSHA Health and Safety standards.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with and recommends action to keep the resort in compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and local, and provincial health and safety laws.
- Apprises the Director of Safety and Loss Prevention of all safety related problems.
- Assist in conducting or in coordinating all safety inspections.
- Develops and maintains all new employees Safety orientation and conducts ongoing training for current employees.
- Assists in accident investigations and ensures that proper reports are completed. Makes corrective action recommendations to the Human Resources Director.
- Schedules, monitors, and recommends action based on pre-employment, return-to-work and periodic physical examinations
- Establishes, maintains, staffs and coordinates the first aid facility. Provides first aid treatment for on-the-job illnesses or injuries when present. Ensures that properly trained employees are available to render first aid on other shifts. Maintains first aid treatment records, reports, and standing orders.
- Establishes and coordinates confidential guest injury incident/injury/illness reports.
- Administers post-accident drug testing, as required.
- Communicates with and assists the Workers’ Compensation Claims Managers and GL TPA in the investigation and administration of workers’ compensation and General Liability claims.
- Maintains, reports, and analyzes information relative to workers’ compensation costs so as to minimize costs.
- Performs a review of workers’ compensation, general liability, business auto, and property loss reports.
- Responsible for obtaining, maintaining and updating the OSHA Safety and Health Policy Manuals.
- Maintains Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and policies relating to this program.
- Coordinates duties, training and education of the Safety Committee.
- Any and all other tasks assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Authority and responsibility to stop operations should a safety hazard appear.
- Conducts the following activities: first response, fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information and investigation of accidents and criminal acts in accordance with company policies and applicable laws/regulations.
- Ensures compliance of safety programs.
- Addresses and resolves complaints/problems within security/safety scope of responsibility.
- Drives shuttle, as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to use hand-held radio to communicate, as needed.
- Ability to respond quickly to ever-changing challenges in dealing with guests and associates, by assessing the situation and responding appropriately.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player – able to get along well with others.