- August 30, 2021
In 2019, Beyond the Lens brought your favorite mysteries to life and explored the best of pop culture with interactive games, amazing photo ops, and intriguing exhibits for the entire family through a unique hands-on and augmented reality experience. Now, Beyond The Lens will take family fun to new heights with a groundbreaking and all-immersive Techno-Tainment experience.
Coming soon to Pigeon Forge, the Flyride combines state-of-the-art motion technology with special effects such as wind, mist, and scents. The result is an unforgettable world-class experience that sends you virtually soaring through the skies of the continental United States. You will hang suspended, feet dangling, before a 65-ft spherical screen while our Attraction takes you over and through some of the most breathtaking landscapes!
Learn what it takes to operate a successful Techno-Tainment Attraction! An internship with Beyond The Lens provides an opportunity to experience everything from daily operations to behind-the-scenes management!
As a Techno-Tainer Intern at Beyond The Lens, you will participate in everything from assisting guests in admissions and exhibit galleries to gaining knowledge of hands-on operations and business management.
With over 150 interactive exhibits you will be immersed in Techno-Tainer floor responsibilities which will include:
- Ensuring guest safety while creating positive, memory-making experiences as they make their way from the Red Carpet, to the Escape Rooms, to the Selfie Gallery, followed by a chance to pose for their very own presidential press conference before proceeding to the Shooting Gallery before meeting Big Foot! And that is just part of the excitement Beyond The Lens offers!
- As a pilot for the Flyride, you will prepare guests to take flight in a one-of-a-kind experience!
Behind the scenes, you will participate in hands-on management duties performed by:
- Tech Team
- Managers on Duty
- Facility Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Human Resources
- Assistant Operations Manager
- Operations Manager
- Director of Operations
Following are just a few of the duties Techno-Tainer Interns will experience:
- Guide Team efforts to boost admissions and sales while promoting positive guest experiences and community goodwill.
- These outcomes are accomplished through modeling BTL’s standard of operational excellence and developing Techno-Tainer’s communication of these standards to ensure the Team’s actions align with BTL objectives with a focus on elevating guest experiences to create life-long customer loyalty.
- Learn techniques used in supervising internal controls, cash management, financial records, deposits, and payments during scheduled shifts.
- Oversee and assist in quality control, sanitation, and maintenance of guest services operation and facilities.
- Assist with ensuring the attraction is staffed with high-level talent through recruiting efforts and training.
- Assist in facility maintenance with equipment installation, repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Participate in Digital Marketing initiatives such as creating and posting media to post on social outlets.
- Learn how to pose guests in front of green screens and edit photos to produce must-have memories for guests while driving company revenue.
- Learn how to create work schedules to fulfill anticipated operational needs while managing labor costs.
- Learn gift shop merchandising techniques to include inventory control, maintaining stock items, and product ordering.
- Engage and respond to customer service needs.
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to all areas of Attractions operations from working on the Gallery Floor to assisting management!
- Participating in the best in Techno-Tainment!
- The opportunity to showcase your skillset and potential for future employers!
We are looking for dependable, results-driven candidates with a passion for delivering superior customer service while taking the initiative to assist with team development.
All Beyond Team Members focus their efforts on providing memorable guest experiences and building brand awareness of both Beyond The Lens (BTL) and Flyride.
- Time Management: Punctuality! Be on time for each shift and ready to work when scheduled.
- Open Availability: Nights, holidays, and weekends are required.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts and days of the week.
- Eagerness to learn about the Attraction Industry as well as the various games, exhibits, and topics in each Beyond The Lens gallery.
- Sales and Customer Service Focus
- Ability to accurately hand monetary transactions.
- Positive “Can-Do!” Attitude