The Resort – Guest Relations Intern
The Resort – Guest Relations Intern
- February 4, 2024
Real-life experience and resume credentials: Join the heart of hospitality as you learn how to become a professional and friendly representative for our company! Immerse yourself in the Hospitality and Resort world as you maintain clear and open communication with SMR guests. Perfect your problem-solving and listening skills while you work alongside the Front Desk Manager to create a welcoming environment for the entirety of the guests stay. You will sharpen your communication skills as you interact and build relationships with our guests on a daily basis.
Who We Are:
Smoky Mountain Resorts (SMR) is a family-focused, collaborative and goal-driven hospitality resort company. Our Great Smoky Mountains community is significant to us. As a third generation, family-owned, and operated business, we embrace a strong commitment to SMR ‘Spirit of Hospitality’ and our Smoky Mountain community.
Benefits / Pay/ Perks ~
Our interns receive a competitive wage starting at $17 per hour, paid on a weekly basis. But the benefits don’t stop there! We are located in one of the largest tourist industries in the United States, and there is always something exciting to do around the corner. That’s why our perk program provides our employees with free and reduced admission to some of the largest attractions in the area. It’s the perfect place to work and explore!
Primary Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Interns typically work 8-hour shifts, based on resort occupancy and staffing demand. Holidays and weekends are affected by peak demand which means all team members must work together during those days to keep the SMR property running efficiently. (The Corporate Director of Operations has the authority to modify intern work schedules based on semester and hours requirements). Within their respective assignments the Intern will:
- Recognize my role is important to impact guest excellence initiatives and repeat visits for future hotel stays.
- Be a professional, who is courteous and a friendly representative to SMR guests, vendors and other Front Desk visitors.
- Train and operate the Maestro booking system, to ensure a fast and efficient check-in and check-out process.
- Handle guest concerns and know when to refer information to management.
- Answer guest questions, both in person and over the phone.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with all company operating policies and procedures.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to change, remove or add to these duties as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between guests and various departments, including maintenance, housekeeping, aquatics, etc., to ensure proper communication and expedite problem-solving solutions.
- Multitask alongside fellow team members.
- Interact with team members and guests in a positive and friendly manner, in all situations.
- No team member will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
Quality of Work Statement:
- Support and communicate with Front Desk team members for efficiency in early check-ins and late check-outs to accommodate/exceed guest expectations and maximize potential revenue opportunities.
- Recognized as a contributor, who is eager to learn and demonstrates professionalism as a member of the team.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and excellent judgment regarding privileged information.
- Ensure my work areas are safe, organized and maintained.
Personality / Attitude
- Energetic, flexible, cooperative, good listener, friendly, and caring.
- Enjoy working with people and providing excellent service.
- Willingness to learn best practices and adapt to procedural changes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Appearance, hygiene and dress represent the company’s image.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Must be prompt and willing to work as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate effectively and use the English language fluently: speak, understand, read, and write.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills with excellent attention-to-detail (ATD).
- Ensure accuracy of information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and communicate ideas clearly.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Enrolled in an accredited University or College, (or recent graduate, up to 2-years) is required.
- Pursuing a degree related to Hospitality or Business is preferred.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce.
- Reliable transportation is required.