Ceramic Internship SPRING 2022
Ceramic Internship SPRING 2022
- March 30, 2021
CERAMIC INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
One of the area’s most highly rated companies is looking for interns to join our team in our most artistic endeavor, our pottery shop. Are you looking for a unique internship experience with competitive wages, benefits, and company discounts that is rewarding, fun, and will contribute to your professional development? If you are looking for an unparalleled internship experience with a company providing unique handmade products and goods, quality food, superior service, and gracious hospitality, then this is an excellent fit for you.
Founded in 1830, our company is one of Pigeon Forge’s most beloved and unforgettable attractions. We have remained a staple of Smoky Mountain Culture for generations, featuring two restaurants, a pottery studio, a distillery, a candy shop, and a nearly 200-year old working gristmill.
Our pottery shop has carried the tradition of Appalachian pottery for more than 70 years, and we take our role as a fixture in the region’s artistic community graciously and seriously. Commonly referred to as Pigeon Forge’s first tourist attraction, our business continues to make pottery goods by hand. As a successful company with restaurants and stores popular with locals and visitors alike, we only seek the best to join our team.
At the start of your internship, you will meet with an internship coordinator and choose between two internship programs:
- Specialty Ceramic Internship Program- Focuses on one to three areas of interest
- Diversified Ceramic Internship Program – Exposes the intern to their selected areas of interest, but also our restaurants, retail stores, production centers, and business operations
During your internship, you will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with the throwing, press, glaze, cast, kiln, and management teams. As an intern, you will also have the chance to work on various projects related to ceramics, merchandise/retail management, marketing, and e-commerce/social media. Our internship programs offer an immersive internship experience like no other, from our onboarding experience to monthly internship outings. Your time here will allow you to satisfactorily complete individual college curriculum requirements for internships to satisfy college credit. This internship will provide you with an opportunity to meet your needed course requirements in a paid position and a fast-paced, realistic work environment.
What will I do?
- Achieve an understanding of the responsibilities/duties of each manager and team members
- Develop an understanding of the importance of synergy between business segments for overall organizational success
- Finish program with a better understanding of own strengths and weaknesses
- Gain knowledge in each area of business
- Learn standards set by managers and team members
- Work with department managers to set learning objectives for each location
- Perform other duties when assigned
- Maintains a proper work area
- Maintains positive and consistent energy and productivity standards throughout shift
- Effectively communicates and works with all team members
- Work and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company’s culture
- Completes the company’s training program
- Uphold the company’s mission, vision, and service standards
- Ensures that all products meet the quality and presentation standards of the company
Benefits and Perks
We believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of our family, you’ll receive a benefits package that covers your health and well-being:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Scheduling
- Generous Company Discounts
- Discounts to Local Attractions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Employee Engagement Events
- Wellness Program
Full-time position with 35-40 hours per week. Available to work flexible hours as assigned, including mornings, weekends, special events, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be enrolled in a continuing education/college program in a related field
- Must have proper identification to verify employment authorization
- Must support cross-functional, team-based environment
The physical demands described here represent those that an intern must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The intern is constantly required to stand. The intern is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The intern must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an intern encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the intern operates in a fast-paced production environment. This role routinely uses pottery equipment, sinks, and other ceramic machinery. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.