The Southern Hospitality Internship Program is designed to assist high school and college students obtain relevant real-life work experience with our business partners in Sevier County, Tennessee.
View our internship program guidelines.
- Volunteer activities and other SHIP sponsored events will be offered as a part of the SHIP program. To participate, each student is responsible for notifying their employer and securing approval for time off, if it is during scheduled work hours.
- Meals are not included as a part of the housing program. Students should review their lease and refer to their housing facilities guidelines as it relates to food storage, cooking and dining areas.
- Students who have created and submitted an account on the SHIP website have read and agree to all guidelines set forth.
- In the unfortunate event of a student’s early dismissal from SHIP’s 14-week semester program, refunds will NOT be authorized. Early dismissal includes: student’s request to end the internship due to personal reasons, failure to make required payments, unsatisfactory job performance resulting in separation, housing violations/eviction/lease termination, unresolved roommate grievances, safety violations, use of drugs and alcohol and conduct that is damaging to SHIP and their employer. Behavior that endangers themselves, other students or employers is also subject to dismissal. Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Students will be required to complete a SHIP evaluation form on their respective employer and the SHIP program.
- Student releases the Southern Hospitality Internship Program (SHIP), its officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers from any and all claims which the student, their heirs or administrators may have against any of the above in connection with student’s participation. Student assumes all responsibility for any and all risk of property damage or bodily injury sustained while participating in related programs, volunteer activities or other events, including the use of equipment and facilities.