Chaplain Internship Summer 2023
Chaplain Internship Summer 2023
- February 27, 2023
At Dollywood Parks & Resorts, we create memories worth repeating. We want folks who love having a great time, and love to make our guests do the same. Dollywood’s Hosts are more than just employees, Hosts are a part of our extended family. Come be a part of all the fun we are having!
The Dollywood Company Chaplain Intern serves all Hosts at Dollywood Parks and Resorts with emphasis on residents living at the International Residence Hall (IRH) through life-on-life ministry and provides professional Chaplaincy services to the employees and Guests of Dollywood Parks and Resorts. Participation in this program may qualify for academic credit and/or course study requirements. In turn, the Dollywood Company will provide the intern: the opportunity to complete course credit for the term of the internship, practical experience within a fast paced and every changing work environment and opportunity to apply theory with practice.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able display and live out Lead with Love qualities, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, dedicated and accountable.
- Requires a commitment for duration of 4-12 months.
- Initially shadow the Chaplain and Nurse to become familiar with activities and opportunities for employee and Guest Wellness engagement.
- Assume responsibilities to assist the Chaplain by providing Wellness programming and support for employees and Guests.
- May be asked to speak, give public prayer, or preach in Chapel or other settings as needed.
- Provide care-giving focused on helping Hosts and Residents to understand more fully life’s events as they relate to their spiritual and emotional wellbeing, referring to professional counselors or other professional assistance as needed or required.
- Provide crisis care for Hosts. Such care includes, but not limited to, hospital visitation, offering comfort to those dealing with grief, church and community resource assistance, and family-life events.
- Evaluate, identify, and complete, at minimum, one project benefiting the spiritual care for employees or Guests of Dollywood Parks and Resorts.
- Develop, lead, and implement opportunities for Hosts (and Guests) to learn and grow spiritually through activities including, but not limited to studies, worship services, and service projects appropriate to the respective location and occasion.
- Coordinate all community and charitable activities at IRH with designated IRH leadership.
- Attend Leadership Development classes as available.
- Attend scheduled intern meetings to different functions of a theme park.
- Chaplain must maintain a viable relationship with a local community of faith.
- Must have strong interest in pursuing studies or vocation in field of workplace ministry, faith & community, or leisure & spirituality.
- Must be near completion or within two years of having completed undergraduate studies.
- Strong reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of common office software such as word processing and spreadsheet software required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate and company policies and procedures.
- Must successfully pass a background check, drug test and obtain a TN driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must display and live out Lead with Love qualities strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture by being patient, kind, humble, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest, and committed.
- Must be an individual of good report as to personal conduct in their home, business, and church.
- Able to make a friendly impression when speaking to or corresponding with guests, vendors, and other employees.
- Must reflect Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must be committed to continuous improvement.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to act to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Must be able to utilize effective communication, problem solving, conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Must show appreciation to others
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information
- Able to perform duties consistent with creating a safe and secure environment for hosts and guests.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide with accuracy.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds