Family Attractions Intern
Family Attractions Intern
- May 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: An Arcade Internship for Wilderness at the Smokies you will be responsible for assisting the “manager on duty” during their scheduled shifts while also providing a safe and fun environment for the visiting guests. This includes, but isn’t limited to: ensuring all safety requirements are met, providing outstanding customer service, communicating with guests and supervising other associates, helping our guests have a fun time, ensuring all meal periods are completed by code of the Tennessee Dept. of Labor, and all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assign all scheduled associates in the proper work locations.
- Assist the “Manager on Duty” with any and all situations, tasks, and customer opportunities that may arise.
- Coordinate and complete all associate meal periods in the allotted time required by Tennessee Dept. of Labor.
- Excellent cash/credit handling skills.
- Be able to communicate with staff members and guest in all situations including but not limited to: Disciplinary action, coaching, rule enforcement, and Pass/Sales standards.
- React calmly and quickly in stressful/emergency situations. Assist guests throughout the area, as required.
- Assist in promoting a positive environment and maintain employee morale.
- Alert proper personnel when games are in need of repair.
- Keep ride/attraction area clean.
- Follow all safety standards to include reporting any violation of standards.
- Assist with lost children.
- Ensure all cranes, merchandisers and redemption remain stocked and clean at all times.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to assist management in meeting department goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise a large staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment, as needed; be attentive and alert.
- Proficient in time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Demonstrates great problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and work in an organized manor.
- Can tolerate a fast-paced, hectic and noisy environment.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Able to work a schedule, which will include weekends, nights and holidays.