IT and Gaming Technology Intern
IT and Gaming Technology Intern
- February 11, 2024
Real-life experience and resume credentials: Have fun and dive into the world of ‘Gaming and IT Technology’ as you train and expand your skills to; repair, maintain, and operate SMR gaming systems, including a newly developed virtual reality game. Participate in a SHIP (Southern Hospitality Internship Program) semester and challenge yourself to be on top of the gaming systems field as you explore highly technical operations, interacting with guests of all ages and learning valuable people skills as an Intern in the resort and hospitality industry.
Who We Are:
Smoky Mountain Resorts is a family-focused, collaborative and goal-driven hospitality resort company. Our Great Smoky Mountains community is significant to us. As a third generation, family-owned, and operated business, we embrace a strong commitment to SMR ‘Spirit of Hospitality’ and our Smoky Mountain community.
Benefits / Pay/ Perks ~
Our interns receive a competitive wage starting at $17 per hour, paid on a weekly basis. But the benefits don’t stop there! We are located in one of the largest tourist industries in the United States, and there is always something exciting to do around the corner. That’s why our perk program provides our employees with free and reduced admission to some of the largest attractions in the area. It’s the perfect place to work and explore!
Primary Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Interns typically work 8-hour shifts, based on resort occupancy and staffing demand. Holidays and weekends are affected by peak demand which means all team members must work together during those days to keep the SMR property running efficiently. (The Corporate Director of Operations has the authority to modify intern work schedules based on semester and hours requirements). Within their respective assignments the Intern will:
- Recognize my role is important to impact guest excellence initiatives and repeat visits for future hotel stays.
- Be a professional, who is courteous and a friendly representative to SMR guests, vendors and other resort visitors.
- Operate and maintain SMR gaming systems within a cashless environment.
- When scheduled, attendant for Redemption Center asssitance.
- Train on newly developed virtual reality game experiences and equipment.
- Work with the FEC Supervisor to operate new gaming systems.
- Troubleshoot respective technical software and hardware.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and related issues.
- Comply with Federal, State, County and Company hiring policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include: Job Fairs, open interviews, special projects, and research projects.
- Multitask alongside fellow team members.
- Interact with team members and guests in a positive and friendly manner, in all situations.
- No team member will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
Quality of Work Statement:
- Recognized as a contributor, who is eager to learn and demonstrates professionalism as a member of the team.
- Establish clear and positive communication with guests when tending to technical operations. Ensure proper communication and expedite problem-solving solutions.
- Handle guest concerns and know when to refer information to management.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and excellent judgment regarding privileged information.
- Ensure my work areas are safe, organized and maintained.
Personality / Attitude:
- Energetic, flexible, cooperative, good listener, friendly, and caring.
- Enjoy working with people and providing excellent service.
- Willingness to learn best practices and adapt to procedural changes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Appearance, hygiene and dress represent the company’s image.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Must be prompt and willing to work as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate effectively and use the English language fluently: speak, understand, read, and write. Adapt Spanish interpretation when necessary.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills with excellent attention-to-detail (ATD).
- Ensure accuracy of data entry combined with the ability to proofread.
- Ability to work as a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Enrolled in an accredited University or College, (or recent graduate, up to 2-years) is required.
- Pursuing a degree related to Computing, Technology, Hospitality, or Business is preferred.
- Proficient in the operation of a computer and ability to become knowledgeable with IT and Gaming Technology systems is required.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce.
- Must have reliable transportation.