- January 25, 2022
This position is responsible for working with the Landscape team in the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the park’s landscape management. Under the direction of the Operations leadership, the intern will be immersed in the guest operations of a world class theme park with exposure to all landscaping elements. The intern will support a wide variety of duties and day-to-day tasks within Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country. The intern will satisfactorily complete individual program requirements to satisfy college/university credit and/or course study requirements as needed. The Dollywood Company will provide the intern:
- The opportunity to complete course credit for the term of the internship.
- Practical experience within a fast paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Opportunity to apply theory with practice.
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform landscaping duties as needed, such as pest control, pruning, planting, watering, fertilizing, weeding, and operating small power equipment.
- Participate in Safety, Management, and Team Lead meetings.
- Assist Landscape leadership team with various tasks.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Interact with park guests and answer guest questions.
- Complete one independent project based on the specific needs of Dollywood and the interest and expertise of the intern.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
- Essential Functions Necessary to Perform Job Duties:
- Able to display and live out Lead with Love Qualities, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, dedicated and accountable.
- Able to hear, see and speak
- Able to speak, read and write in English
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedule including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time
- Able to operate/drive a company vehicle with valid driver’s license
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide with accuracy
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, with assistance
- Able to communicate effectively using standard English grammar and punctuation
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0 to 140 degrees
- Able to work outdoors
- Reading, writing and math skills necessary to:
- Take messages and professionally communicate in writing.
- Contribute to written team communications.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college degree program in a related field.
- Must have basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of personal liability insurance.
- Must successfully pass a post-employment offer background check including motor vehicle and drug scree