Marketing and Community Outreach Intern
Marketing and Community Outreach Intern
- February 5, 2023
This position also has the opportunity to earn an hourly bonus of up to $2 per hour.
You would like this position if:
- you are dynamic and outgoing
- enjoy being a part of a team environment
- are passionate about delivering a great guest experience
- want to do promotions and marketing in the community
- enjoy interacting with guests in person one-on-one or on the phone
- Want to learn to deliver on the NASCAR Speedpark brand in person
- want to research, plan and deliver a marketing campaign
Job Purpose: Work in an environment where each day provides new adventures and the opportunity to meet new people from around the country while learning real world marketing skills. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to marketing strategies and campaigns, conduct in-house research and work with marketing professionals including the sales executive and social media specialist. Wherever your future in marketing takes you, an internship with us will provide a baseline of knowledge for all facets of marketing and promotional strategies, consumer feedback, in-park guest relations and community outreach for tourism-based business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully embrace the Company Service Excellence Initiative by demonstrating “people first” actions for all internal and external customers and accepting responsibility and accountability for demonstrating empowerment decisions and actions during daily work.
- Participate regularly in brainstorming sessions to develop marketing and social media campaigns.
- Work with the park’s social media specialist to help manage daily postings, guest engagement activities and contests.
- Help with the in-season social media video strategy. This may include interviewing team members, talking with park guests or participating in a Facebook Live session.
- Research, plan and execute one marketing campaign. Follow up on this campaign and prepare a presentation of the highlights.
- Learn how to respond to guest reviews on Trip Advisor, Facebook and Google.
- Conduct guest surveys.
- Work in Admissions during peak times and utilize your marketing skills and perspective. Talk to guests, gain marketing insights and help guests to make the best choices based on their budget and vacation plans.
- Reach out to potential guests at events and partner locations by acting as a brand ambassador for the park.
- Responding to guest questions via phone, email or social media.
- Assist with group parties or special events at the park.
- Operate the POS system to make the arrival process smooth and welcoming for groups and birthday parties.
- Assist guests to find solutions to their challenges/opportunities.
- Promote a synergistic relationship with team members in all department and divisions.
- Ensure professional development to enhance work knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, standards, guidelines, expectations and requirements.
- Ensure completion of work responsibilities and special projects in accordance with the designated timeframe, as determined by the reporting leader.
- Adhere to Company ethical requirements, demonstrating the utmost integrity in all professional and personal matters.
- Provide reporting leader with feedback, ideas and suggestions on a timely basis.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule on the needs of the business.
- Whatever supervisor deems necessary for park operations.
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Mission Driven – Demonstrated alignment with PARC Management, LLC’s vision, mission and core values: People First, Always Safe, Remember It’s Fun, and Commit to Excellence.
- Relationships - Demonstrated ability to advance PARC's "People First" core value, through the establishment of positive, respectful relationships and working effectively with all internal and external constituencies.
- Certification/Licensure – Completing or have completed a degree in either marketing, or in a related field like public relations, hospitality, journalism, mass communications or business.
- Special Skills – Familiarity with the different structure of various social media formats. Positive and effective customer service and communication skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Special Skills (preferred, but not required) – Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop. Past internship experience or work on social media campaigns. Portfolio of past project(s) or campaign(s) created and executed (this can include classwork).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, talk and hear.