- May 15, 2022
REPORTS TO : Vice President of Operations / Events Division Manager
HOURS: Approximately 32 hours per week
COMPENSATION : Paid Internship
SUMMARY : This intern will work closely with the Events Department to learn how to plan and operate events through a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to: planning, scheduling, staffing, budgeting, set-up and teardown, and overall event management.
OPPORTUNITIES OFFERED :
• Assist the Events Division in planning and executing events within the Convention Center as well as City of Gatlinburg Special Events.
• Shadow Event Managers to gain an understanding of how to manage, direct and motivate staff and volunteers before, during and after an event
• Learn how to forecast and log Events Budgets
• Attend Event and Operation meetings along with staff to learn effective communication between departments
• Help maintain equipment and assist in ordering supplies
• Shadow VP of Operations, Operations Manager, Operations Supervisors, and Operations Specialists to gain understanding of tasks each perform within the Convention Center and Events Division.
College juniors, seniors or graduate students working for academic credit
• Some completed college course work with emphasis in event management, sports management, facility management or similar field
• Proficient with computers in a Windows format and experience in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and desire to learn
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to multitask, prioritize tasks and respond to last minute client requests