- January 30, 2020
The intern will support the kitchen operations through dishwasher, receiving clerk, prep cook, line cook, banquets production and ingredient inventory management and administrative duties within the Company. In turn, intern will satisfactorily complete individual program requirements to satisfy college/university credit and/or course study requirements if needed. The Company will provide the intern:
- The opportunity to complete course credit for the term of the internship
- Practical experience within a fast paced and every changing work environment
- Opportunity to apply theory with practice
These responsibilities are to be conducted in a manner consistent with the mission and values of the Company.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend Leadership Development classes as available.
- Attend weekly intern meetings to discuss jobs of the week and learn about the different functions of a theme park.
- Train and work in below sections of internship:
- Dishwasher - To participate in all activities, including food preparation, merchandise handling, ware washing, and cleanliness and sanitation procedures.
- Receiving Clerk - Manage the loading dock. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Checking in orders, putting up food and non-food inventories. Coding invoices according to standardized accounting process.
- Baker - To participate in all activities, including food preparation, merchandise handling, ware washing, and cleanliness and sanitation procedures.
- Act as quality assurance inspector for food, ensuring a high quality.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of new and enticing pastry to fit the Company brand.
- Responsible for the implementation and possible creation of “Plate Perfect” recipes.
- Be available/willing to work at different locations throughout the Company.
- Responsible for all aspects of the P&L including but not limited to labor management (scheduling, time keeping, etc.), Cost Analysis to include Cost of Sales, product mix, and Spending Per Person
- Assisting with creating and implementing improvements profit contribution and cost savings through menu creation.
- Execute special project benefiting the Foods area as determined by Management.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
- Able to project the Company's image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Must enjoy working with people of varied ages, experiences, and education levels.
- Must have positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job, tasks, coworker, other hosts and guests.
- Must have a professional demeanor, mature, focused and articulate.
- Must be willing to accept changes in work schedule and work assignments
- Must be able to maintain required attendance.
- Must be self-motivated and able to deal with fast paced, stressful environment
Essential Functions Necessary To Perform Job Duties:
- Able to display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to walk quickly, kneel, twist, reach and bend.
- Must have depth perception and the ability to see near and far.
- Able to operate fire extinguisher.
- Able to think clearly and react quickly and calmly to changing situations.
- Able to move about and react quickly in emergency situations.
- Able to learn quickly and be multi-tasking.
- Able to tolerate all outdoor elements – wind, rain, high/low humidity, direct sun, temperatures from -40˚ F to 110˚ F
- Able to tolerate noise.
- Able to tolerate heights.
- Able to climb steps and has good balance.
- Able to make sound decisions.
- Able to tolerate approved exposure levels of various chemicals found in cleaning solvents.
- Able to memorize written safety procedures.
- Able to perform reading, writing and math skills necessary to:
- take messages, professionally communicate in writing
- contribute to written team communications
- add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate make change and operate a register
- analyze statistical information
- Able to remain alert and attentive.
- Able to operate a Point of Sale System.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned. Must be able to lift 30 pounds with or without 2- person lift. 30+ pounds require a 2 person lift.
- Must take Start Fresh training, as well as implement all safety aspects of Start Fresh training
- Must comply with all Health Dept., ServSafe, and Company regulations pertaining to Food Safety Handling Procedures
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Must be enrolled in a continuing education/college program
Must have basic computer skills and must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Able to type at least 35 wpm.
Valid TN driver’s license and proof of personal liability insurance according to state law.
Able to pass a drug screen and background check.