Phone Operator/Front Desk/Social Media
Phone Operator/Front Desk/Social Media
- January 29, 2020
LIKE TO TRAVEL? Let us help add stamps to your passport!
Did you know that you can work with us (full time, part time or on call) and receive deeply discounted rates as low as $35 per night??!!!
We are seeking highly motivated, career-minded individuals to contribute to the success of our future. We want our hotel to be the best and our guests to be beyond satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified candidates and provide top pay with a seasonal bonus program, incentives and a competitive benefits package.
If you are looking for more than just a job and are interested in creating an experience for our guests, we would love to talk to you! We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing, background checks and employment eligibility verification required.
EOE AA-Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
This job description provides a basic guideline of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position. The frequency codes assigned in the job description are: Rarely (less than 1%); Occasionally (between 1% and 33%); Frequently (between 34% and 65%); and Constantly (between 66% and 100%).
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
• WORK HABITS: Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when absence is anticipated; require typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
• PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY: Be alert to hazards and responsible in carrying out hotel’s safety, security, and emergency procedures; suggest ways to improve safety conditions that reduce or prevent accidents and injuries; participate on safety committee or other special projects for safety; actively seek and report potential security risks or hazardous conditions.
• FRONT DESK OPERATIONS: Follow the hotel’s recommended guest arrival and departure procedures; understanding of computer-based front desk systems is sufficient to perform the primary responsibilities of the job; answer guests’ questions about the hotel services and amenities.
• Constantly. Answer guest questions and offer information and assistance.
• Constantly. Answer telephones.
• Constantly. Check guests in and out.
• Constantly. Communicate with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
• Constantly. Maintain work area neat and organized.
• Constantly. Maintain keys in secure area.
• Constantly. Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
• Constantly. Update information in the computer systems as needed (i.e., post charges).
• Frequently. Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
• Occasionally. Attend all mandatory meetings.
• Occasionally. Follow checklist for required duties and timelines.
• Occasionally. Process personal and traveler’s checks, handle safe deposit boxes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (continued)
• Occasionally. Read, pass on log and communicate with previous shift.
• Occasionally. Run reports and complete them, i.e., high balance, cash basis, etc.
• Occasionally. Use verifone to authorize credit cards and checks.
• SITTING: Rarely.
• STANDING/WALKING: Constantly. At the front desk on tile or carpet.
• CROUCHING (BEND AT KNEES): Frequently. When getting supplies from cabinets, picking things up from floor and loading the printers with paper.
• KNEELING/CRAWLING: Rarely.
• STOOPING (BEND AT WAIST): Constantly. Getting keys, supplies and doing paperwork on the front desk.
• TWISTING (KNEES/WAIST/NECK): Constantly. Working with several people at once; watching for guests; retrieving materials.
• CLIMBING: Rarely.
• BALANCING: Rarely.
• LEG/FOOT USE: Rarely.
• REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Constantly. Passing materials to guests over the front desk counter.
• HANDLING/GRASPING: Constantly. Handling telephones, folios, files, supplies, keyboards, grasping pens, telephones and credit cards.
• FINGERING/FEELING: Constantly. Computer keyboard.
• PUSHING/PULLING: Occasionally. Average weight: 5 lbs.; maximum weight: 20 lbs.
• LIFTING/CARRYING: Occasionally. Average weight: 5 lbs.; maximum weight: 20 lbs.
• OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Rarely.
USE OF SENSES
• TALKING IN PERSON: Frequently. With guests, public and employees.
• TALKING ON TELEPHONE: Frequently. With guests, public and employees.
• OTHER SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally. Using 2-way radios and pagers.
• HEARING IN PERSON: Frequently. With guests, public and employees.
• HEARING ON TELEPHONE: Frequently. With guests, public and employees.
• OTHER HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally. Using 2-way radios and pagers.
• NEAR VISION: Constantly. Corrected to 20/40 for paperwork and computer work.
• FAR VISION: Constantly. Corrected to 20/40.
• DEPTH PERCEPTION: Rarely.
• COLOR VISION: Rarely.
• FULL FIELD VISION: Rarely.
• SMELL: Frequently. Detect potential hazards and odors.
• INTERACTION WITH OTHERS/COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Constantly. Professionally deal with difficult situations/people.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS (continued)
• DEADLINES/SHIFT WORK/OVERTIME: Constantly. Meet deadlines as required. Meet multiple priorities of business demands. Adjust to schedule changes and cover shifts on short notice.
• FLEXIBILITY: Frequently. Need to work a variety of hours. Varied tasks under varied conditions.
• PACE: Frequently. Must change pace as business demands.
• HIGHLY REPETITIVE WORK: Frequently. Doing the same procedures.
• ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Constantly. Matching room blocks, credit information, group instructions and filling out reports.
• OTHER PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS: Frequently. Work with guests who may have demands or expectations, which cannot be met due to the lack of equipment or the facility.
• SAFETY REQUIREMENTS (I.E., CLOTHING, SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED, ACTIVITIES PERFORMED): Constantly. Adhere to safety standards and procedures.
• EXPOSURES (FUMES, CHEMICALS, VIBRATIONS, HUMIDITY, COLD, HEAT, DUST, NOISE): Constantly. Exposed to computer printer noise and telephone noise. Visually exposed to CRT.
• OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT/TOOLS/VEHICLES: Constantly. Operating keyboards, CRT’s, verifone and printers.
• Prior cash handling experience necessary.
• High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
• 7th/8th grade math skills required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
• Read, write and speak English fluently.
• No employee will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.