- September 17, 2021
A retail associate for Wilderness at the Smokies is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly
environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, being knowledgeable
regarding the opening/closing schedules of all Wilderness outlets, maintaining
product knowledge, assisting guests in selection of merchandise, and being
knowledgeable about local attractions.
- Be aware of all promotions and advertisements including special packages and discounts.
- Assist in merchandising, display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Process and replenish merchandise.
- Monitor floor stock and re-stock from inventory.
- Inspect all merchandise for flaws and keep a record of any merchandise to be returned to vendor.
- Ticket merchandise.
- Keep in-stock inventory records current.
- Maintain proper records regarding count of merchandise to be received into inventory and record any damaged merchandise to be excluded from inventory.
- Assist in physical inventory.
- Communicate guest requests to manager.
- Ring up sales and bag merchandise.
- Be willing to cross-train and work in Wild Pix Retail Sales, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Proficient in time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete inventory requirements: simple math, written communication.
- Must be detail oriented and work in an organized manor.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, night and holidays