Social Media & Marketing Intern
Social Media & Marketing Intern
- February 4, 2024
Are you ready to unleash your creativity in a work atmosphere where your marketing skills can shine? Join us for an exciting Social Media and Marketing Internship that allows you to be at the forefront of our social media marketing efforts. Work closely with our marketing team to bring our resorts to life, through social media and marketing initiatives. We will encourage your creativity and dedication in helping us to create memorable experiences for our guests. At Smoky Mountain Resorts, we are seeking a creative and driven student who will work alongside our marketing team to plan, capture, and execute captivating content for our resort properties through all major social channels.
Who We Are:
Smoky Mountain Resorts (SMR) is a family-focused, collaborative and goal-driven hospitality resort company. Our Great Smoky Mountains community is significant to us. As a third generation, family-owned, and operated business, we embrace a strong commitment to SMR’s ‘Spirit of Hospitality’ and our Smoky Mountain community.
Benefits / Pay/ Perks ~
Our interns receive a competitive wage starting at $17 per hour, paid on a weekly basis. But the benefits don’t stop there! We are located in one of the largest tourist industries in the United States, and there is always something exciting to do around the corner. That’s why our perk program provides our employees with free and reduced admission to some of the largest attractions in the area. It’s the perfect place to work and explore!
Primary Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Marketing Interns work 8-hour shifts, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend projects. You may be required to work during holidays and weekends when resort activities are at their peak, ensuring that our marketing efforts capture the excitement of our resorts.
Within your respective assignments you will:
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop and implement engaging social media content strategies for three hotel/resort properties.
- Capture and edit photos and videos, and create branded designs using Adobe Creative Suite to enhance SMR's social media presence.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends and best practices, bringing fresh and creative ideas to our content; including exploring the growing field of AI software.
- Work closely with the Operations Team on seasonal promotions to ensure seamless integration of marketing and operational strategies.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with all company operating policies and procedures.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to change, remove or add to these duties as necessary.
- Assist in the management of various seasonal projects, including festival set-up, and job fairs.
- Interact with team members and guests in a positive and friendly manner, in all situations.
- No team member will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
Quality of Work Statement:
- Utilize your writing skills to craft compelling social media captions and content.
- Create eye-catching illustrations to complement our social media content and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and excellent judgment regarding privileged information.
- Ensure my work areas are safe, organized and maintained.
- Position Requirements: Personality / Attitude
- Energetic, flexible, cooperative, good listener, friendly, and caring.
- Enjoy working with people and providing excellent service.
- Willingness to learn best practices and adapt to procedural changes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Appearance, hygiene and dress represent the company’s image.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Creativity and a passion for visual storytelling.
- Must be prompt and willing to work as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate effectively and use the English language fluently: speak, understand, read, and write. Adapt Spanish interpretation when necessary.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills with excellent attention-to-detail (ATD).
- Ensure accuracy of information combined with the ability to proofread.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and communicate ideas clearly.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Enrolled in an accredited University or College, (or recent graduate, up to 2-years) is required.
- Pursuing a degree related to marketing and/or social media is required.
- Previous marketing or graphic design experience is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software is preferred.
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as: TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, etc., is preferred.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce.
- Reliable transportation is required.