Sports Facilities Intern
Sports Facilities Intern
- October 22, 2020
The facility provides an atmosphere of community to sports clubs, event organizers, and participants and will focus on five principle offerings:
- Youth sports training programs, clinics, and camps
- Sports performance and fitness training
- Youth and adult leagues, tournaments, and events
- Food & Beverage
- Facility rental for corporate meetings and social gathering events
- Interns will be cross trained in multiple areas throughout the facility including youth programming, food and beverage, guest services, sales, and facility management
- Will complete a semester-long internship to satisfy graduation requirements
- Some students may have longer or shorter practicum requirements with less time commitment and commitment length will be addressed individually
- We do not require a set intern schedule but will be flexible to accommodate any individual requirements (i.e. class commitments)
- Interns may be required to help out during special events and additional projects that are not related to their specific area
INTERSHIP TO INCLUDE:
Sports and Event Operations: will learn how to promote and operate all sports leagues, camps, clinics, tournaments, and other special events. You will be immersed in the scheduling, execution, and management of these programs.
Marketing/Sponsorship Sales: work alongside the Marketing Manager to allocate marketing dollars for different media outlets, develop advertisements, identify potential sponsors, negotiate sponsorships, special event management, and more.
Food and Beverage: will learn how to conduct inventory, daily operations, and special event catering and food preparations. Concessions account for over 20% of the facility budget and is vital to the success of the facility.
Facility Maintenance: assist the Facility Manager with the daily upkeep of the facility's buildings, grounds and event production.
Finance and Administration: work with management to create and manage event budgets, employee scheduling, profit and loss analysis and general human resource duties.
- No travel
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be willing to work outside for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Currently a student or a new graduate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as, independently
- Demonstrate success with multi-tasking and organizing multiple priorities
- Self-motivated and has initiative to complete tasks in a timely fashion