- January 4, 2022
This position is responsible for learning key areas of the Operations Team. They will learn and work the front-line areas of Admissions, Attractions, and Transportation/Parking. They will gain a knowledge of daily theme park operation. In addition, they will have the opportunity to network and connect with property leaders and attend occasional roundtable discussions. All done in a manner consistent with the values and mission of The Dollywood Company.
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilites
- Perform front-line duties as listed in the job descriptions (reference for details) including, but not limited to: Ticketing Host, Attractions Host, Transportation/Parking Host, etc.
- Verbally communicate and enforce safety policies, procedures, and all Operational rules.
- Visually observe Guests’ actions and attraction operations to ensure safe Guest Experience.
- Follow all Safety Standards to include reporting any violation of standards
- Learn performance review procedures.
- Assist with creating and implementing improvements in safety, guest excellence, profit contribution and job satisfaction.
- Assist with Operations team projects including surveys, appreciation events, team outings and company parties.
- Occasionally participate in Safety, Management, and Team Lead meetings.
- Assist Operations Management team with various tasks.
- Maintain Guest excellence and employee excellence/expectations in accordance with Dollywood company policies and procedures.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
Personality and Attitude Requirements
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Must be able to utilize effective communication, problem solving, conflict management and interpersonal skills
Must reflect Dollywood’s core values through the lens of dignity and respect.
Essential Functions Necessary to Perform Job Duties
- Able to display and live out Lead with Love Qualities, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, dedicated and accountable.
- Able to hear, see and speak
- Able to speak, read and write in English
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time
- Able to operate/drive a company vehicle
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, with assistance.
- Able to communicate effectively using standard English grammar and punctuation
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0 to 140 degrees.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to operate/drive company vehicles.
- Reading, writing and math skills necessary to:
- Take messages, professionally communicate in writing.
- Contribute to written team communications.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate make change and operate a register.