Special Events Internship
Special Events Internship
- January 7, 2021
January 7, 2021
Must be 18 years or older for this position?
Number of Positions Available
Anticipated Start Date
One of the Greatest Places on earth is hiring an Special Event Internship that will support the planning and execution of special events to achieve park attendance and revenue goals. Events range from parkwide celebrations, Season Passholder parties/ERTs, third party activations and media open houses. Assistant will gain firsthand knowledge of event planning, logistics, marketing and tracking/reporting in a fun and fast-paced environment. The Knowledge you will gain working on our Mountain will be a chance to not only see amazing views but meet even more amazing people who will give you a Great intership exsperience.
- Assist with event preparations; including planning event programing, coordination with teams inside the park to facilitate event setup, ordering supplies and equipment while staying within an assigned budget, and more.
- Attend and manage the execution of events. This includes day-of event setup, facilitating event specific programing for guests and serving as a point-of-contact for external event partners.
- Working with the Marketing team to promote events to appropriate audiences through various channels potentially including email, social media, and other paid media partners.
- Research and secure potential partners and sponsors to enhance guest event experiences.
- Schedule and supervise Event Staff for event execution.
- Work with corporate legal team to fulfill on-site agreements and contest rules.
- Complete After-Action Reviews for all major events.
- Perform various other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
- Working towards an associate or bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Hospitality, Public Relations, or related field.
- Experience in event planning and execution. Experience can include internships and extracurricular activities/events.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work collaboratively in a team setting as well as independently.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, email.
- Flexibility to work varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Adheres to Our Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Special Events Internship Tennessee
July 9, 2021